Accountabilities and main responsibilities
• Maintain partner business plans which align to Trustmarque’s business strategy and the proposition GTM
plans owned by Specialist Sales.
• Be accountable for the ROI on managed partners and the performance against the business plans and
• Maximise the volume of incoming leads contributed via the company’s partner network through effective
relationships of the team with vendors and service delivery partners.
• Develop and maintain professional working relationships with key channel and direct touch
representatives to ensure Trustmarque is positioned as the leading partner and to maximise the volume of
incoming leads contributed via the company’s partner network.
• Enable the business to sell propositions that drive larger transaction values whilst maximising commercial
advantage through the managed alliances network and relevant accreditations.
• To maintain an understanding of all industry and partner accreditation programmes, where practical,
ensure Trustmarque is leveraging the highest possible accredited status in sales and technical terms, to
optimise available commercial advantage.
• Supported by the Legal team, to ensure all relevant partner-related contractual documentation is
accurate, up-to-date and has successfully passed through the requisite approval channel(s).
Proposition development and sales enablement
The Alliance Manager must
• Contribute to the development of propositions, representing the managed vendor and propose plans to
effectively manage any external party involvement; to foster a positive working relationship and effective
• Enable sales teams with appropriate and creative training sessions, messaging vehicles, access to pre-sales support etc for your aligned vendor network.
• Work closely with Specialist Sales, the Marketing team and Partner Executives to support with
proposition campaign related activity on the sales floor
The Alliance Manager must
• Facilitate and coordinate all campaign-related activity for the managed partner on the sales floor with
effective coordination, issue resolution and ROI measurement working closely with the Sales, Specialist
Sales and Marketing teams.
• Work with Specialist Sales and Marketing to develop high-impact, outcome-oriented campaigns
encouraging positive behaviour from existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
• Working with the Marketing team conduct post-campaign debriefs to determine win / loss ratios, lead
quality and overall effectiveness with a view to providing the source of the leads with MI and constructive
Qualifications and skills
You must be able to demonstrate that you possess:
• Excellent understanding of public and private market sectors, market trends, and the competitive
landscape in relation to Trustmarque and other resellers;
• Excellent understanding of Channel sales processes and the role of a reseller;
• An understanding of IT in general, networks, and business critical systems;
• Experience in a similar role within the IT product/services industry.
• An understanding of Channel investment, ROI methodology and the ability of the reseller to effect
positive or negative change in terms of partner performance.
• An understanding of how to coordinate and implement integrated sales & marketing campaigns
from inception through to fruition, evidenced by experience that demonstrates the ability to drive
revenue and/or GM growth.
• Knowledge of how to analyse campaign effectiveness and make recommendations for future
• A good working knowledge of product and service offerings relevant to Trustmarque
• General understanding of the IT landscape
The Alliances team is a critical part of the business and is fast-paced, working within a constantly
The individual performing this role must be able to:
• Be numbers-driven, able to define and apply measurements of performance to the team and
• Able to align and drive collaborative working across teams and influence others through effective
• Interpret key performance indicators and possess the ability to plan and forecast accurately.
• Quickly build and leverage working relationships with stakeholders at all levels of seniority within
Trustmarque and its partners.
• Write clear, concise business English in all written correspondence, and create concise, accurate
and engaging presentations.