Power BI Developer
April 12, 2022
The individual will be working in an established but growing team. We currently have many live projects delivering a range of engagements from Presales (demos, PoC’s), technical consultancy, content build to fully managed services. You will be part of high performing team, bringing new and innovative approaches to the delivery of analytics into healthcare, LG and corporate clients. We need people who have real world skills with Power BI (and other tools) but also a deep understanding of how to extract real world value from data, for clients. You will be expected to bring insight and energy into new approaches and techniques within the analytics market, lead delivery of work to clients through teams, and support Trustmarque in continuing to be at the leading edge of analytics. Additional skills such as power platform, synapse and Azure would be welcome. At the moment all delivery is remote, this may change with some on-site visits in the future but it is anticipated to be a predominantly a remote role.
- Lead programmes and projects in Analytics. Own it (with support)
- Expert use of Microsoft Power BI, providing high quality reports and dashboards including the use of DAX, M. Experience of PBI enterprise roll out, adoption, culture change, governance also welcome.
- Specialist domain knowledge of Health data in a NHS Trust environment, Local Government or Corporate and a willingness to be flexible to work across all 3.
- Demonstrable ability to derive strong and actionable insights from data that are turned into actual operational benefits. Anyone can draw a graph, what we are looking for is people who know which graphs to draw, how to read them and how to advise the client what they mean.
- Development of requirements and specifications for operational and strategic reports in collaboration with staff at varying levels in the organisation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to demonstrate working in co-operation with operational services staff and local analysts to develop high quality analytics. It is a client facing, “people” role, not a purely technical role. Additional technical skills can be taught but you must be able to work with clients and team members
- Ability to engage and present strongly to senior stakeholders.
- Excellent self-starting and time / project management skills and the ability to operate in a flexible and changeable environment
- Other skills in analytical tools such as Tableau, QlikView, Microsoft Analytics, SQL
- Microsoft’s modern data platform including synapse and associated tooling
- Skills in data science and data engineering including in Analytical programming languages e.g. R, Python
- Experience of operating with Data warehousing and associated skills, with an understanding of the end to end journey of data through data warehousing operation
- Input into sales processes, business development, proposal writing
- Working understanding of Microsoft Azure
- Experience in providing training and education to staff and users of the services on analytics and the tools used to provide them
- Experience in working on projects that involve change management (e.g. LEAN / basic 6 Sigma or other change management methodology)
- Project tracking/repositories such as Github, DevOps etc
Trustmarque is an award-winning IT partner that delivers IT solutions allowing our customers to work smarter and more effectively. We simplify business, through a flexible and cost-effective approach that empowers organisations and their people. Giving honest, simple, and independent advice we help our customers to navigate an increasingly complex world of IT – and that’s exactly what you’ll do too, if you join our talented team here.