Microsoft Business Development Manager
October 31, 2022
A salesperson who is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all matters concerning Microsoft as part of the Trustmarque
Corporate Infrastructure Team – Homebased Role.
The role will require you to advise and support customers via the Account Management team on the best strategy
to invest across the full Microsoft stack, but primarily the three Microsoft clouds; Microsoft 365, Dynamics 365 and
Azure and on-premise technologies as appropriate based on customer need. You will be working with our
predominantly corporate-sector client base. This role will play a significant part in providing a unique service across
Trustmarque, and across our combined customer portfolio by introducing best in breed advice and support in order
to optimise our customers investment. You will use your sales experience and performance gained relevant to
Reseller market to delight both the customer and the associated Account Manager / Client Director. Your target will
be the teams Microsoft target.
Accountabilities and main responsibilities
- Build a plan to achieve the Microsoft target of the CorpInf team in Trustmarque.
- Support and drive the overall CorpInf team Microsoft plan, supporting build, engagement and reporting
- Contribute, drive and support CorpInf team Microsoft marketing campaigns
- Pre-Sales support as an overlay (SME) supporting a team of Account Managers, working with
- Operations/Support to maintain customer excellence
- Advising customers across all UK public-sector discount frameworks; Digital Transformation Arrangement,
- N365, Azure Pricing Arrangement and any future frameworks. This includes incentives and liaising with the
FT, MS Ops and specialist MS teams in TMS
- Developing and Maintaining peer-to-peer relationships within both customer accounts and Microsoft
account and specialist teams as appropriate, working with the internal Trustmarque Microsoft practice
team co-sell plan.
- Learning & Development (L&D) both for personal growth and the requirement to educate/train customers
and the account team
- Critical deal review, deal build and follow up
Qualifications and skills
- Minimum 3-years consistent, proven, overachievement of appropriate sales performance targets –
preferably backed up by documentation
- Work closely with Microsoft and on occasion 3rd party vendors in order to understand all changes
and updates impacting Microsoft licencing, and where required present these changes to internal
and external stakeholders.
- Create, deliver, and support license models in support of Sales opportunity. Offer assurance (by
revision-sign off) of all license commercial models to ensure the commercials are optimised and the
value to the customer is visible.
- Lead complex license scenario opportunities in order to deliver options/alternatives and success.
Interpreting vendor Licensing contracts and statements and provide procurement advise
- The knowledge to understand comprehensive Compliance Assessment reports to detail compliance
shortfalls and recommendations.
- Presenting complex license scenarios, analysis and findings back to the customer up to C Level
An awareness of ITAM services is essential, as is other services offerings paramount in order to aid
further upsell opportunities
- A requirement to contribute into Tender and Operational (Statement of Work) documentation will
- Ideally you will hold the Microsoft Certification; Designing and Providing Microsoft Licensing
Solutions to Large Organizations ( 70-705) and/or (74-678). Whilst any other Microsoft
certifications/learning paths would be favourable to your application.
Values & Behaviours
The individual must be able to demonstrate that they embody the following Trustmarque Behaviour and
- Share Ambitions
- Strive to Improve
Whilst this is a reflection of the role it is not exhaustive, and employees will be expected to be:
- Flexible and take on activities outside of those listed from time to time.
- Be Diverse and Inclusive
- Embrace Change
- Demonstrate Integrity
At Trustmarque, our vision is to enable organisations to harness the power of digital technology. For over 30 years, we have helped organisations in the public and private sectors to work smarter, run their business more effectively and unlock the value of their IT investments.
Our mission is to support our customers to buy and use innovative technology to positively impact local communities across the UK. We’re always evolving to keep up with the pace of change – to understand the technology solutions, licensing options and methodologies. Our customers come to us time and time again for collaborative transformation that helps them make better IT decisions for long-term success.
Our people are at the heart of our customer-centric business and we have company values which have been defined by our people – About us – Trustmarque. There’s never been a better time to join Trustmarque, we are growing and investing and you can play your part in influencing the future of IT in the UK.
One of our values is “be diverse and inclusive” because we know that diversity of thought and experience positively benefits our ability to deliver work. We consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of sex, gender identity or reassignment, race, disability, religion or beliefs, age, or sexual orientation. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. During the application process, you’ll be given the option to share your personal characteristics and data with us. This helps us understand our candidate pool so we can do everything we can to attract a diverse range of people and ensure our recruitment process is fair and inclusive.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Trustmarque colleagues who can work from home should do so. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we’re doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
As well as competitive rates of pay, we offer 25 days holiday (rising to 27), 2 volunteering days and 1 personal day plus bank holidays. We also provide a substantial benefits package which includes a company-matched pension, life assurance, enhanced parental leave policies, the option to buy extra leave, a cycle2work scheme and more.
Trustmarque is an award-winning IT partner that delivers IT solutions allowing our customers to work smarter and more effectively. We simplify business, through a flexible and cost-effective approach that empowers organisations and their people. Giving honest, simple, and independent advice we help our customers to navigate an increasingly complex world of IT – and that’s exactly what you’ll do too, if you join our talented team here.