October 5, 2022
The Senior Systems Developer assists with the on-going development and maintenance of our digital platform and the internal application/system estate. Responsibilities The main responsibilities are detailed below, although the post holder would also be expected to perform any other duties which might reasonably be required by the business.
- Work as a member of a SCRUM team using a DEVOPS approach to support existing systems and deliver change to the business
- Design, development and testing of new features in the applications
- Responsible for regular communication with others involved in the development process
- Implement, test, and bug-fix functionality
- Responsibility for design and implementation of software projects using C#/.Net
- Participate as a team member in fully agile Scrum deliveries
- Provide support to internal business users
- Design, build, and maintain efficient and reliable C# code to business and industry standards
- Have and maintain a good understanding of business processes
- Develop software in accordance with the requisite coding/development standards
- Manage the development lifecycle of suitable projects and deliverables
- Have and maintain a good understanding of business processes
- Mentor, train and cross skill team members in new technologies.
- Drive new development and business processes
Accountabilities and main responsibilities
- Degree level education, equivalent or demonstrable adequate experience.
- Strong experience of developing with .Net and C# (4 years +).
- Experience working with data storage.
- Experience working with code under source control – ideally GIT.
- Experience using Azure DevOps, from boards through to pipelines
- Experience using MS Visual studio
- Experience working with MS SQL Server, Table storage, Azure platforms, Azure functions.
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming, MVC, Design patterns and SOLID principles
- Experience with Azure Logic Apps and complimentary technologies
- Experience working with web API with ASP.NET core.
- Experience using unit testing frameworks e.g. Moq
- Experience with Web services development (SOAP, REST, WebApi)
- Experience with web development frameworks such as AngularJS, Bootstrap and jQuery
Skills In order to perform this role effectively, the individual must be able to:
- Be capable of seeing tasks through to completion and within agreed timescales
- Be able to deal quickly with technical problems
- Communicate clearly, openly and effectively
- Display excellent time management skills
- Prioritise effectively on a day to day basis whilst keeping longer term goals in sight
- Capably see tasks through to completion and within agreed timescales
- Deal quickly with technical problems that may arise from time to time
- Communicate clearly, openly and effectively, with authority to colleagues
- Communicate clearly, openly and effectively with customers, partners and suppliers
- Able to review business and user requirements and turn in to a technical solution
- Research, Evaluate and Drive innovation through the use of new technologies
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Create and maintain the relevant documentation to support systems, processes and procedures
- Identify new development technologies and apply them to relevant business processes
- Able to learn new skills, and adapt to different situations and rapid change
- Positive in outlook, being both energetic and approachable
- Self-motivated, with initiative, flexibility and resilience
- Process and deadline driven
- Interact with and motivate others to deliver against a shared goal
- Display a professional approach to business principles and practices
Values & Behaviours
The individual must be able to demonstrate that they embody the following Trustmarque Behaviour and Values:
- Share Ambitions
- Strive to Improve
- Be Diverse and Inclusive
- Embrace Change
- Demonstrate Integrity
At Trustmarque, our vision is to enable organisations to harness the power of digital technology. For over 30 years, we have helped organisations in the public and private sectors to work smarter, run their business more effectively and unlock the value of their IT investments.
Our mission is to support our customers to buy and use innovative technology to positively impact local communities across the UK. We’re always evolving to keep up with the pace of change – to understand the technology solutions, licensing options and methodologies. Our customers come to us time and time again for collaborative transformation that helps them make better IT decisions for long-term success.
Our people are at the heart of our customer-centric business and we have company values which have been defined by our people – About us – Trustmarque. There’s never been a better time to join Trustmarque, we are growing and investing and you can play your part in influencing the future of IT in the UK.
One of our values is “be diverse and inclusive” because we know that diversity of thought and experience positively benefits our ability to deliver work. We consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of sex, gender identity or reassignment, race, disability, religion or beliefs, age, or sexual orientation. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. During the application process, you’ll be given the option to share your personal characteristics and data with us. This helps us understand our candidate pool so we can do everything we can to attract a diverse range of people and ensure our recruitment process is fair and inclusive.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Trustmarque colleagues who can work from home should do so. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we’re doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
As well as competitive rates of pay, we offer 25 days holiday (rising to 27), 2 volunteering days and 1 personal day plus bank holidays. We also provide a substantial benefits package which includes a company-matched pension, life assurance, enhanced parental leave policies, the option to buy extra leave, a cycle2work scheme and more.
Trustmarque is an award-winning IT partner that delivers IT solutions allowing our customers to work smarter and more effectively. We simplify business, through a flexible and cost-effective approach that empowers organisations and their people. Giving honest, simple, and independent advice we help our customers to navigate an increasingly complex world of IT – and that’s exactly what you’ll do too, if you join our talented team here.