Cloud Sprawl and Shadow IT: Why IT Leaders Need Visibility and Control
The third part of our annual CIO report continues to give a comprehensive analysis of the latest trends and insights surrounding the drivers and barriers to the adoption of cloud.
Download the report:
72% of CIOs agree different ways of paying for cloud makes selecting the right solution complicated
The report specifically looks at the operational and financial barriers to cloud that UK CIOs are facing in 2017. From the research it is clear that as the adoption of cloud computing continues to rise, the number of potential barriers to cloud that organisations face rises at the same time. Transitioning to the cloud, or indeed working to become a cloud-first business, can be a considerable challenge for many organisations.
The key highlights of the research are:
- The majority of IT leaders are in the dark over how much their organisation is spending on the cloud
- CIOs believe cloud sprawl is an ongoing challenge to effective management
- Fears over a lack of control is slowing the speed of cloud adoption
- Cloud providers could do more to warn users about costs they’re incurring when using cloud services
- Cloud Sprawl and Shadow IT is having serious implications on security and compliance, especially in light of new European laws (GDPR)