Microsoft are launching their new version of System Center. System Center 2019 will be released 1 March 2019. This latest edition of the popular Systems Management Software will be available as a new license purchase and to customers with active Software Assurance.
System Center 2019 will be the next Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC) release replacing System Center 2016. LTSC releases follow the traditional release model with a new major version released every two to three years. LTSC provides five years of mainstream support and five additional years of extended support.
The System Center Suite is a bundle of individual systems management products that enable customers to configure, manage and monitor their physical and virtual datacentres. In recent releases, the capability of System Center has also extended to the cloud with Azure integration providing additional monitoring and management capabilities.
What’s in System Center 2019
The core products of the System Center suite are System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and System Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
These and all the following products will be available from 1 March 2019:
- System Center 2019 Datacenter
- System Center 2019 Standard
- System Center 2019 Client Management Suite
- System Center Operations Manager
- System Center Orchestrator
- System Center Data Protection
- System Center Service Manager
- System Center Configuration Manager (current branch)
- System Center Endpoint Protection (current branch)
- Core Infrastructure Server Datacenter
- Core Infrastructure Server Standard
- Operations Management Suite (OMS) Automation and Control
- OMS Backup and DR
- OMS Insight and Analytics
What’s new in the 2019 suite?
The changes and additional features within System Center 2019 will focus on three key areas:
- First choice for Datacentre Management
- Ability to manage the new features and functionality within Windows Server 2019
- Integration with Azure
In the coming days, we will be publishing a further article detailing the specific changes and improvements within System Center 2019.
Considering an upgrade to System Center 2019?
Trustmarque’s Datacenter Consultancy service assists customers who are making both software and hardware changes to on-premise, hybrid or cloud datacentres. We help to assess, design, deploy and support allowing customers to create a cost-effective data centre model that works for each and every requirement. For more information please contact your Trustmarque Account Manager or email [email protected]
By Tom McEwing.
Tom is one of our Microsoft Licensing Specialists who advises our customers on how to get the most from their Microsoft volume licensing and contracts.